Just think of the fact that back then there was no internet and blogs where you could get useful tips about pregnancy.
Comparison with the year 1983 was made because I was born at the time. I found 12 facts why it’s better to be born in today’s time than back then.
- Fast pregnancy tests – nowadays waiting for 2 – 3 minutes for dashes to appear on the tester seems quite long, back then it was necessary to wait for hours to test the urine at the laboratory.
- Pregnancy fashion – at that time the term didn’t quite exist yet, and clothing also suited the era, but today many non-pregnant women want to become pregnant so that they can wear wonderful clothes.
- Selfie – if a man doesn’t know how to take a photo of a pregnant woman, she can do it by herself.
- The first touch – when I crawled out of my mom, I was first washed, combed, weighed, measured, and I don’t know what else before my tormented mother got me into her arms. Today, mom holds her baby who is still bloody, wrinkled and still tethered through the umbilical cord.
- Internet – without it I would still skim through the old lexicons if the baby is a fish.
- Fathers in the birth room – something that was once considered inconceivable today is as normal as 7 reality shows per week.
I’ll post the second part of the reasons on the next post.